Friday, September 26, 2008

The red apple



Arthur wrote: The Auction that I bought the painting at was an estate auction, I did not meet Tony nor the previous seller, I just fell in love the painting. All my friends love the painting as well. I do not know the name of it and it would be great if I did.
There is a riddle in the back on the painting that reads:
A Mistery
A Secret
A thing
for to
find
Tony Mafia
80
My comment: What a nice surprise. It is for sure a real Tony Mafia. Everything tells me so: the skies, the circles in the tree, the horses, the elongated figure, and the twist of he holding the apple of seduction... Waw. I am falling in love with this one too. I think but this is not the gospel that she is a portrait of his girlfriend at the time 1980 might have been Gina or Sue, both brunettes and pretty. I am falling for this painting too.

No comments: