Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Dambruggestraat


David's words: Now for these two pictures of a mural Tony painted on Vera Singlyn's wall sometime in the 90's. He was hiding out there for awhile and everyone in the house was fixing the house up so Tony pitched in and did his share by painting this mural while everyone else was working.
Unfortunately this house is empty and has had a fire so I think these two photos are all that is left of that piece of art. This was Tony's way of teaching about impermanence. The last few pilgrimages I made to Antwerp and to see Tony he became my teacher of life. He would talk with me about how fleeting fame really was. How fame and disgrace are so close they were really two sides of the same coin.
Tony was like nobody I had ever met. He was truly and inspiration to be around. I loved him like a father.

Comment: I am immensely pleased these pictures showed up, the writing around the mural is mine. We both signed it.

No comments: