Friday, September 5, 2008

Music in Antwerp



I met Tony Mafia back in the summer of 1982 when I was busking my way around Europe for my first time. Amazing as it sounds I had the fortune of meeting him on the second day of my adventure. I had crashed on Pete Punkers spare mattress and in the morning he took me to the café in this picture Billenkletser . I am the one cut off and behind us is Mike Stone from Manchester. That same morning Derroll Adams wandered by and joined us and I didn't know either one of these guys but they were both dropping names like they really knew all these famous people. I ended up staying around Antwerp for a few weeks just to find out what kind of musical Mecca I had found. Tony was the driving force to keep me around he kept trying to talk me into making a singing cowboy band. Ha! He was famous for dropping a beat every once in awhile which drove me crazy- but you had to love being around him anyway. Tony was such a magical man. Wish this could be sound as well because I have a recording of him singing "Georgia" and "On the Road Again"

I am looking for a way to post the music... 5 songs... help!

No comments: