Monday, September 22, 2008

The ascension


The ascension of Christ is a real large canvas more than 2 meter by 2 meter. It depicts several scenes of the old and new testament: The opening of the Red Sea, the taking off the cross of Christ, Mary Magdalen bending over with her hair and Mary almost cartoonish. As I have written before Tony struggled with his faith, hoped there would be a god, but not realy count on it. In his worst moments of fear he prayed. He had asked for a catholic funeral and there have been services in Hoboken and in Arizona. He was always sincere when painting, the canvas and the result on it is what mattered most.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I like this piece! We spoke via briefly about a piece that I have that you posted some time ago. I am interested in selling it. Can you point me down a path?