Saturday, November 3, 2007

The Fish


Spooky wrote that her Grandson seems fascinated and talking and listening to Tony's painting, in her words: Arend Celis is weg van de tekening van Tony. Hij is er door gebiologeerd en praat ertegen. Ik heb de indruk dat hij echt met Tony praat, want soms zwijgt hij en lijkt hij heel aandachtig te luisteren. De andere tekeningen en schilderijen hebben minder zijn aandacht. Alhoewel Colette Cleeren kan hij ook wel smaken.

IsabelNecessary, whom I don't know at all, knew Tony. She volunteered following testimony:
Thank you for making this blog for Tony. I met him in the late 1950's in Greenwich Village where he was hustling his paintings. My husband, the artist Mark Cheka, and I knew him in L.A. in the 60's and 70's. The last time I saw Tony was in the early to mid 70's at Canter's Deli on Fairfax in L.A. I am happy to hear that although we lost contact that he thrived for many more years. I don't have any paintings by Tony, although I may have a painting that Mark did of him. Thanks, everyone, for sharing all the memories.

Isabel and Mark, if you read this, please send a picture of the painting Mark did of Tony...

I am adding the drawing The Fish, property of the vet in which Tony's longing for a belonging a you is the theme. Even now he seems to find many you's.

1 comment:

spookie said...

Yes please send the picture of Tony . We will love it! Thank You Isabel and Mark.