Saturday, August 23, 2008

Number 2 in payment

I was delighted with I finally found your blog on Tony Mafia. I had been sproradically "googling" his name for years with no luck.
I bought the picture around 1993/94 from an antique mall in Ocean Beach area of San Diego. I don't remember how much I paid, but I do remember that everything was 30% off- they were going out of business. So I'm sure I got an excellent deal.
I have alwsy loved the portrait and often refer to it as my Oscar Wilde picture since the woman looks rather androgenous. And while I never found anything about Tony, I knew the drawing was good enough quality to be a keeper.
I've also always been intrigued by the note "Number 2 in payment". I wonder what Number 1 was. Anyway, it fits with his roguish lifestyle.
Posted for Virginia, thank you for sharing!

No comments: