Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ballance


Tony was often in delicate balance. A breeze, an impression, the suggestion of an attitude, could make him angry. Yesterday I was reminded of the day Tony met a colleague of mine: a nice, civilized man. He remembered after looking at the blog that the one and only time he and Tony met, within seconds it seemed, Tony got pretty upset. None of us remember what had triggered this. Tony could make friends for life in half a minute and often I would add an enemy in half a second. So this is why I show a painting where he is trying for balance. He kept going over and over it. Yes, all our lives are a delicate balance and Tony certainly was hypersensitive but he kept looking for beauty and honesty in his work. He used to say "My work is better than I am. I am just the asshole you know."

No comments: