Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The fence

I spent some time reviewing the Mafia site again, and the breadth of his work delights me. It made me nostalgic for the collection of his work I had at one time, all early things from the 60's, of course. But with the up and down (financially) life I chose to lead, there were times I had no place to keep them. But in those times, when I was low (or out) of money, I never sold one of his works that belonged to me. It just didn't seem right. But I did make sure they had good homes. Those that I 'lent' to people, while my circumstances changed, I never got back, because it was so obvious that the 'borrowers' had fallen in love with them. There are Mafia works hanging in some very high places in Beverly Hills, Palm Springs, etc. that were originally, and technically still are, mine. But I have no regrets, I thoroughly enjoyed them, had them for a time, and would have no place to keep them now, again. And I'm sure they are appreciated where they reside.

Thanks D.R. for your thoughts.

No comments: