Monday, March 3, 2008

Lithograph

Luckily a friend and an admirer of Tony Mafia's work, send me pictures they find on the net. Most then come from e-bay. I don't know who owned them and why they are selling, nor who is buying. This seems to be a lithograph, Tony was into that for a while, from 1974. I can't read the number nor the full title he gave to this work. The last three words are 'to a lady'. If any of you has one of these lithographs please send in the full title. Thanks.

My wish was granted: The name of the lithograph is Variation 1928 Lady. The number of the limited edition is 19/23, it might be a silkscreen. Tony always signed in pencil, so is this one.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I have this lithograph hanging in my dining room. I purchased it about 15 years ago at an antique fair. I have two other paintings by Tony. One of them is a women painted on a thin piece of white wood and the other is a man and a woman looking at eachother with a saying all the way around it. I would love to know about how much they are worth. Thank you!!