Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Silver Belles


I am Betty Brown's step-grandson. I inherited several of Tony's paintings from my father that Betty left him. I sold most of them to Doug Mc Cutcheon. I also have several photo's of you and Tony with my grandparents. I have attached a photo of the only painting I have left. I have read a lot about Tony and would have liked to meet him, he seemed like a very interesting man.

Yes Tony was an interesting man. This particular double piece on canvas was done in 1990, before my arrival in Chloride. At that time there were two theater groups in town and the frilly costumes of the so called ladies of the ways performing as 'The Silver Belles' inspired him to do this painting. Note the landscape and the peoples living in it. Liz and Ron Brown have been good friends to Tony. Thanks for sharing.

No comments: